Downhill Xtreme is running a competition to find the next big board designer and have their art featured in the popular Urban Rodeo Signature Series board collection.
The winner of the competition will have their design included in the Urban Rodeo Signature Series board collection, artist spotlight and receive the exclusive Downhill Xtreme Swag Bag filled with DHX essentials.
Here’s how the competition works:
1) Design back and front of your board. One design per side (unless both sides have the same design)
2) Measurements (per side): 512 x 1904 pixels or 180mm x 670mm.
3) Acceptable image formats are: .png, .jpeg or .tiff
4) No swearing or references to drugs, alcohol or other substances are allowed. Keep it clean!
5) Submit your artwork to us by the deadline via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, country of residence and contact details with your submission. Only one submission per person will be accepted.
6) Expert panel from Urban Rodeo & DHX crew will choose the winning design.
DEADLINE FOR ALL COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS: May 18, 2012 (23:59 BST)
Winner of the Signature Series Design Competition will be announced: May 25, 2012
Additionally, a selection of designs will go into ‘DHX Fan Favorite’ vote where, DHX fans will get to vote for their favorite design. The design with the most votes will be crowned as the ‘DHX Fan Favorite’ and the artist will receive DHX Swag bag.
Fan Favorite voting period is May 28 – June 5, 2012
The Fan favorite winner will be announced June 8, 2012.
By submitting your design, you are agree to our Terms & Conditions*.
May the best artist win!
*Terms & Conditions:
• Distinctive Developments Limited operate and promote all competitions and prize draws on our website and Facebook pages;
• We reserve all rights to arrange, cancel or withdraw competitions or prize draws at any time for any reason.
• Our competitions and promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants understand that they are providing their information to the Distinctive Developments Limited and not to Facebook.
• Unless otherwise stipulated in the particular competition or prize draw there are no restrictions in terms of age or geographical restrictions;
• For the ‘Design a Signature Board’ competition, only one entry per person will be accepted;
• Unless otherwise stipulated there is no need to buy anything to enter our competitions or prize draws;
• The closing date will be announced via our website, Twitter, Facebook or other social media channels you’ve subscribed to;
• Our expert panel of judges at Distinctive Developments will select the winners of the competitions and prize draws will be independently drawn using a judging criteria;
• The number and nature of prizes will be described in each competition or prize draw promotion;
• We will feature your entry in our post-event publicity but we will not disclose your identity beyond your name and country of residence.;
• Winner(s) of design competition(s) will also be featured in the ‘Artist Spotlight’ series, which will feature an interview with the winner.
• All copyright in your entries is automatically transferred to Distinctive Developments Limited when you enter a competition or prize draw;
• The names of the winners will also be announced on our social media channels, including but not limited to, Twitter and Facebook accounts. We will also notify the winners by e-mail to the e-mail address provided with the post entry to obtain address details to send you your prize, where appropriate. We will only call out your name in the winning announcements – your e-mail address will not be shared;
• All efforts will be made to contact the winner, but if you have not responded to accept the prize within three (3) weeks, the prizes forfeit and another winner will be drawn.
• We reserve the right to amend the rules at anytime and will post our changes on the website; and
• There will be no cash alternatives for any prize.
• When you submit your own, original content to our website and Facebook pages as a part of a competition, prize draw or otherwise, you expressly grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, complete, sub-licensable and irrevocable right to quote, re-post, publish, use, adapt, translate, archive, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, syndicate, license, print, sublicense, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform your content, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party. You grant us all licenses, consents and clearances to enable us to use such content for such purposes. You waive and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in the content you have submitted.
• As your entry for our competitions seeking original artwork and designs, you may only submit artwork that you own and have full rights to freely distribute.